This topic is very important to me so I just had to write a post about it. What I mean by stopping the war between yourself and your inner voice is not letting your fears and insecurities rule your life.
We all have that inner voice in us. Sometimes it is quiet and we are living in the moment. But other times the voice is so loud that we find it hard to carry out day to day tasks.
You know the voice I mean. The voice telling you that you’re not smart enough, not pretty enough, not skinny enough. After a while you start to believe that this voice is telling the truth. In turn this crushes your self esteem and confidence so you don’t go for that job interview or you don’t go on that date that you were asked on. When the voice starts to control your life is when the problems arise.
Here are a few tips that you can do to help shut that voice up:
- Practise self love. Be kind to yourself. Stop beating yourself up and putting yourself down
- Look at the positives, not the negatives. Stop looking at the things you haven’t achieved and look at the things you have
- Do something you love. Wether it be cooking or painting. Whatever it maybe. Doing something like this will raise your confidence and make you feel proud of what you have achieved
- Take some form of exercise. As you know exercise releases endorphins which in turn will make you feel happy and more comfortable in your own skin
- Meditate. Meditation is great for quieting down that inner voice and makes you focus on the present. Read my previous post on the benefits of mediation here.
- Do one thing that scares you every day. The thrill of stepping out of your comfort zone and challenging yourself will help you no end
- Connect with your loved ones. Your friends, family who ever they maybe. We as humans crave connection so this will make you feel loved
Don’t let your life be ruled by your inner voice. It has been lying to you the whole time. Make sure you challenge this voice everyday so you are not controlled by it. This in turn will help you lead a happy and fulfilled life that you so rightly deserve.
Do you have any tips on how you shut your inner voice up?
All my love,