This cleansing butternut squash soup is so quick and easy to make and will leave you feeling light and energised. Butternut squash is high in fibre and is great for blood sugar regulation. The perfect food to enjoy especially if you are on a weight loss plan.
Store bought soups tend to be packed full of hidden sugars so why not rustle up this cleansing, warming and comforting soup yourself. So you can be in charge of what you are putting into your body. I topped my soup with a sprinkle ofÂ Munchy SeedsÂ to add a bit of crunch and to boost the level of omega 3 and protein in the meal. Munchy SeedsÂ are the perfect topping to sprinkle on top of salads or soups as well as being an amazing snack option. I love their Omega SprinklesÂ and Chilli Bites.
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 4 Carrots
- 2 Onions
- 2tsp coconut oil/olive oil
- 2tsp vegetable Bouillon powder
- 850ml boiling water
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tsp cumin
- Munchy Seeds
- Cut up the carrots, butternut squash and onions into small chunks.
- Fry the onions in the coconut oil
- Once the onion has softened add the carrots, butternut squash and cumin
- Fry for 10 minutes
- Add the boiling water, salt and the vegetable stock
- Cook until the butternut and carrots are soft
- Pour the mixture into a high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Top with seeds and pepper
- Serve and enjoy!
TIP: Make a big batch and freeze the left over soup to enjoy for another time. Healthy eating has never been so easy.
What is your favourite type of soup that hits the spotÂ every time? PleaseÂ share in the comments below.Â
All my love,